Saturday, April 12, 2014

Love Reading Review: Tina Seskis "One Step Too Far"

I'll come clean right from the off; I thought this book was superb.

Contemporary stories about relationships, especially those from a female viewpoint, do not usually appeal to me but I was hooked from the initial few pages of this gripping read. The writing style and pace of the story seemed, for me at least, to be a perfect fit with the character's we meet.

Emily/Cat is an interesting and intriguing character. I liked her very much and I wanted to know more about her; why is she leaving her life and family to start anew in London? What has happened to her to lead to such an upheaval?

The story is told predominantly from Emily’s viewpoint, both in the current and the past, and we also get snapshots from other characters lives as they intersect with Emily. This helps to build up our understanding of Emily but also adds different layers to the initial conundrum of why has she started her life anew.

The storyline develops magnificently and kept this reader guessing as to the reasons behind Emily’s life changing decisions. And the revelation, when it occured, was a genuine “Wow” moment for me.

I liked Emily and rooted for her throughout. I will also keep an eye out for more from debut novelist Tina Seskis.

Loved it!

The-Mustachioed-Reader

My Rating: 4.5* out of 5.0*

PUBLICATION DATE: April 2014 (anticipated)


Find out what my fellow book reviewers thought:
www.lovereading.co.uk/book/10890/One-Step-Too-Far-by-Tina-Seskis.html

For more reviews of great books, wander over to www.lovereading.co.uk


Follow them on Twitter @lovereadinguk 

No comments:

Post a Comment